Monday, March 26, 2012

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!!

Hope you weekend was awesome..
Friday night..
walked down to see The Hunger Games..
loved the books..
first read them over a year ago..
then again..
and again..
I do that often..
reread books..
over and over..
I was skeptical about the movie..
I've seen what Hollywood does to books..
hello Twilight..
The Scarlet Letter (are you kidding me with that??)
Memoirs of a Geisha..
but when I saw the casting for HG..
I thought..
hoped..
maybe..
just maybe..
so..
I got excited..
couldn't wait to see it..
then..
I saw it..
hmmmmmmmm..
gotta tell you..
for the first hour..
maybe..
hour and a half..
I..
absolutely..
HATED it!!
I know it's only a 2 and a half hour movie..
stuff gets cut..
sometimes..
changing the scope of the story..
to me anyway..
I did like some parts of the games..
I did like the 'behind the scenes' scenes..
but I hated the end..
so..
all in all..
I'd give it a C..
Minus..
Minus
if I hadn't read the book..
I might have enjoyed the movie..
I'm not sure..
your opinion?
Did you like the flick?
Rolling Stone's review
I didn't get to work on my sewing cabinet..
this weekend was too wet..
instead..
I spent a wonderfully rainy afternoon..
curled up..
under my blanket..
read my book..
The Scorpio Races
LOVED this book!!
LOVED it!!
Sometimes it's nice to read a book..
no vampires..
no werewolves..
no ridiculously over-the-top love story..
(yes, I do love those too)
no endless series of books..
(yes, I love those as well)
just a book..
a girl..
a boy..
a few horses..
okay..
many horses..
and a race..
simple..
yet..
engaging..
malevolent water horses ridden in a yearly race..
okay..
perhaps that part isn't quite..
so simple..
but the story flows..
and I loved it.
B Plus Plus..
Thanks Maggie..
( =

No comments:

Post a Comment